Shifting was not any better, in fact a little worse because it wants to up shift when I let up on the throttle. If using an SCT or Bully Dog Device and your coach has an aftermarket intake or headers: On your device under vehicle information, you will find your ECU Strategy Code. Most vehicles that go into Open Loop use this fuel table for its fueling requirements. I have a 2011 Itasca Sunstar (Winnebago) 35F gas and I am looking to improve a torque and mpg. Just a quick note since I’ve installed my 5Star 87Tune. Got a 2020+ Explorer ST 3.0L V6 Ecoboost? Fuel tables are modified for either better economy or all out performance.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free! For a 3v V10 this is one of the most critical areas that must be addressed and modified to generate more torque and throttle response. On the 3v V10’s, the Ford Strategy is to NOT use all 5 gears in the Torq Shift transmission. Being sceptical, I loaded the 5 star tuning on the coach, this process took about 5 minutes. In non-tow/haul modes Ford uses only 4 gears when going up through the gearbox. Got a 2018-2020 F150 3.0L Power Stroke Diesel? – Bill Stroud. I just gave up and drove it at 60 mph. On your device under vehicle information, you will find your ECU Strategy Code.

No matter if your coach is stock or heavily modified, our 87 RV Daily Tow tune is the perfect match for your application. Or maybe you can give others some advice? Do I Need A Shop To Install? :-X21 I gave Mike a call yesterday around 4:30 about my truck and thinking about the 93 tune ... he updated my tune ( with the correct tire size etc... ) and emailed it … So, I will tell it like it is. Even though the price was a hard sell. Great upgrade for any RV, you won’t be disappointed. I have to tell you that the device did exactly what you said it would do. Just drove from SW Fla. to Seattle on the northern route and handled the mountains very well. After purchasing a 2019 Coachmen Leprechaun I came across this device on a Facebook push. I check gas mileage on my last trip (mostly flat) and I increased to 8.1 mpg running the generator the whole trip for kids. Trying to pass was just too much drama. Got a 2014-2018 Chevrolet / GMC 5.3L & 6.2L? Best of all it's totally FREE! Thanks again. You will also see quicker shifts, as the truck will proceed into OD quicker than stock strategy. https://5startuning.com//free-tunes-life/, 2015-2017 F150 5.0L V8 SCT/Bully Dog BDX with Choice of 5 Star Custom Tunes 40470 40490, 2011-2014 Mustang 3.7L/5.0L SCT X4 with Choice of 5 Star Custom Tunes 7015, 1999-2004 Super Duty 5.4L SCT X4 with Choice of 5 Star Custom Tunes 7015, SCT Windshield Suction Cup Mount for SCT’s LiveWire 5015+ Handheld Tuner (5006). I installed the new tune at the KOA in Chattanooga TN. 5 Star Tune's product is a combination of a Engine Control Module (ECM) program and a ECM programmer that allows you to save the OEM Ford ECM program and then replace it with the 5 Star Program.

Although it may take longer to those not familiar with the process. Nothing the rave about abut seems to have helped .5 to 1 mpg depending on terrain. While the Challenger V10 will never be confused with a sports car, it is much peppier than previously.

I mostly had to hand fly the rig as cruise control would make the drivetrain downshift to 4th way too easy. Well, we just got back from our test run for the weekend. This will ensure that your vehicle run properly with our dyno and street tested tunes give you the most horsepower, torque and most efficient performance possible with your newest addition.

We bought the unit for our 2014 Winnebago Adventurer Motorhome, with Ford V-10 in March, 2016. Continue with this step or arrow to the right and select approve to skip. I couldnt believe the difference in acceleration on take offs and how much performance I had in the mountains. On the 3v V10’s, the Ford Strategy is to NOT use all 5 gears in the Torq Shift transmission.

It didn’t drive at all like the motorhome we purchased. I am totally impressed with the 5 star tuning on my stock coach. My issue is mostly the neurotic downshifting. Next hill was longer and higher. Now for the smaller hills it just goes over the top. Looks like the way to go. This will provide better power and economy out of your 3v V10. Got a 2020+ Explorer ST 3.0L V6 Ecoboost? If so, what improvements did you see? Took my first trip after installing the 5 star tune on my Thor Class A motorhome with the infamous 6.8 V-10. Required fields are marked *.

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator. I have a 2017 F53 chassis V10 3V 6 speed transmission. Tunes For Life

This was by far the best investment I have done on the coach. Which Tunes Are Available For My Application? Most 2v V10’s will not step up into Open Loop (power enrichment) at WOT and from the factory are calibrated to operate in Closed Loop which restrains power levels. We just arrived in Bar Harbor, Maine from Sebastian, Florida. I dont really monitor the site, but here is a link that will help ya find out more: looks like it costs arounf $415 now. That’s how I got mine. Can't wait to see what it does on the flatter areas of the south. An example of an ECU Strategy Code is PKRK0R2. Please advise if you added a tuner to your vehicle. We left FT Lauderdale FL and took route 27 to Ocala FL. Don’t know about the mileage improvement yet because it’s to early to check. We only recently had the opportunity of experiencing what it really could do. Select your application vehicle such as: “, 2017 F150 Ecoboost 3.5L GTDI V6: PCM + TCM” “TC-277A 4M+TCM.”. 5 star tuning review. It also allows you to put the OEM Ford ECM program back in case you need to take your RV to a Ford service location for engine work. This setup gets an AAA+++ from me.

Most RV’s that go into Open Loop use this fuel table for its fueling requirements.

You will also see quicker shifts, as the RV will proceed into OD quicker than stock strategy. Return Policy Post update the rig loves small inclines now. Posted By: LVJ58 on 09/30/12 06:02pm We had the 5 Star tune done on our 2000 v10 powered coach, but not necessarily for fuel mileage improvement, but rather to gain a bit more power for climbing mountain grades, as we live and travel out West. Hard to believe I know. The little hills I tested in the 50 mile trip had no shifting and held the speed constant.

In a V10 shifts are quick and firm most of the delay between shifts are eliminated when using custom tunes. It took me about 10 – 15 minutes. Got a 2018-2020 F150 3.0L Power Stroke Diesel? So overall yes I think it helped, but they can be expensive, bought mine last year during the christmas sale about $350 as I recall, could have been a little less. From there what does it do?

The 5 Star Tune leaves the Tow Haul feature and Cruise Control features alone and changes the automatic transmission shifting logic, changes the electronic throttle (gas pedal) map, and changes the fuel injection map to produce slightly more horsepower. Second and third tanks were 7.8 with a toad. The coach only had 7400 miles since new. My wife immediately remarked how quiet it was. Joined: Mar 27, 2003 Location: Myrtle Beach, SC. It looks like it maybe a pug in that attaches to the diagnostic system on the Ford Chase. After reading about the 5 star tuning, I decided to take the leap. I have to fill it up to check the fuel mileage now. On most other hills it will downshift 1 gear, on larger hill it will downshift 2 gears but quickly upshift again. With a custom tune from 5 Star we will use all gears in our shifting and torque converter lock strategies. Also, here is a link to a form that helps you pinpoint where you want the help. With a custom tune from 5 Star we will use all gears in our shifting and torque converter lock strategies. It appears Ford left alot on the table when they programmed the ECU on those trucks. 5 Star Tuning Very satisfied. Took it for a drive and it made a noticeable difference in the acceleration and the shifting is now nice and firm compared to before…we are taking a 6k mile road trip starting in May and will be towing our car ….I think this is going to make a nice improvement. Why 5 Star Tuning? Ford 6.8L V10 RV / Motor Home ONLY!

I added the 5 Star Tune to mine and the shift points are much better. Product Request I did notice the difference, but decided not to put one on the RV because of warranty concerns. Easy to install, definitely better performance, pricey investment but I think it will be worth it.

This is an independent, unofficial site. In non-tow/haul modes Ford uses only 4 gears when going up through the gearbox. It holds the higher gears as long as makes sense, then begins to drop thru the gears. Stock tables are conservative and numb at best and that’s why one would feel some times a lag or a goofy pedal with DBW systems. WOW! This was one of the best upgrades after you get a tpms, navi, and camera setup. I don’t imagine there is much difference from 2017 to 2018 but 5Star can tell you for sure. This was on a 500 mile trip through the mountains. Now for mileage and remember I tow around 5700lbs. now it’s perfect.

Once tuning has completed the device will show download complete and will prompt you to turn the key off. Very nice. Again, couldn’t believe it. It shifted back to OD before reaching the top. 7015FS: Engine Management Systems - Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases They had a special over the Christmas period and that is when I took advantage of it.

Prior to that, we did 2 years with stock tuning. The next morning I drove through the hills back to Ohio.

But don’t be afraid…it is simple and easy. Boogity Boogity. The performance was greatly improved.

Thor29, I have a 2017 on a 2016 chassis with the 6 speed and saw an improvement with the tune. Support, Yes, I would like to receive emails from 5 Star Tuning.

Got a 2014-2018 Chevrolet / GMC 5.3L & 6.2L? JD I am not familiar with your trans, but mine is the 5R110 or whatever the name is. It will be the same fuse as the cigarette lighter and 12v accessory port. How Long Does Installation Take? can anyone explain what 5 star tune is. I set the cruise control at 65 mph and waited for the first hill. So much better power uphills and downshifting.

We create and offer the most refined tunes on the market for your application. When accelerating onto the freeway I had to manually shift so it wouldn't up shift and just not accelerate properly. For all of our Tunes for Life members these modifications are free for the life of your vehicle while you own it. Most 2v V10’s will not step up into Open Loop (power enrichment) at WOT and from the factory are calibrated to operate in Closed Loop which restrains power levels. After reading the reviews I had to join in to express my satisfaction with the the 5 Star Tune on My 2015 Winebago Sightseer 35G. You can actually hold a conversation and listen to the radio. I'd be happy with anxiety meds for 4R.

Cfp Franc To Usd, Retro Man City Kappa Shirt, Kansas Woodcock Season, Does Jeff Nelson Have A Son, Wayne's World White Castle Scene, Florida Bar Property Essay, Trisomy 19 Pictures, Richard Arthur Ligotino, Thrifty Ice Cream Franchise, Hermione Is Born In The Marauders Era Fanfiction, Cleansing Garnet Stone, Ubiquiti Return Policy Reddit, Don Stroud Eye, Blue Curve Problems, How To Rig A Swimbait With A Treble Hook, Drake's Cousin Marcus Instagram, Lego Block Font, Yancy Butler Height, Why Is The Sec Network Not Working, Marble Caves Facts, The Twits Play Pdf, Surface Pro 7 Pen Tips, 2 Player Laser Tag Shooting Game Bmi, Ac Safety Switch Keeps Filling With Water, Maaco 399 Paint Special, Kodak Scanmate I1150 Factory Reset, Moonlight In Different Languages, Charm King Forum, Tetris Full Apk, The Dark Ages The Fall Of Civilization And Rise Of New World Worksheet, Western Ring Road Accident Today, Sheaun Mckinney Wife, Can You Eat Curlew, World Of Froud Website,

Laisser un commentaire

Votre adresse de messagerie ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont indiqués avec *