Interest-Based Ads. – A former NFL quarterback and Division I offensive coordinator, the Alcorn State University football program added another member to its 2020 coaching staff with the hiring of Quinn Gray Sr. as quarterbacks coach, announced by head coach Fred McNair. HBCU coaches, players busy preparing for the 2021 spring season. As a student-athlete, Gray became the all-time leader at FAMU in passing yards (7,378), pass attempts (1,113), pass completions (562) and TD passes (57), and he holds the single-game record for most pass attempts (65 vs. North Carolina A&T in 2001). That’s one thing that has evaded me in my career so far and I just want to end that off on the right note,” Glass said. Overall, he was a member of four straight NCAA playoff squads (1998, 1999, 2000, 2001), seeing significant playing time during the 1999 season, which included a memorable playoff run to the national semifinals. Alabama A&M quarterback Aqeel Glass will return for his senior season in the spring. “When I came to Alabama A&M, that was one of my goals, to not only leave a lasting impact on A&M itself, but the whole conference and all of FCS football,” Glass said. We’re conducting workouts in a safe environment following the CDC guidelines. LORMAN, Miss. “Coach Gray is very knowledgeable of the game. 24 Hour Polling Sites In Harris County Texas, Alcorn State 2020-2021 www.soundsofdynomite.com, 2019 Edition of the Alcorn Sounds of Dynomite. With the postponement of football at historically Black colleges and universities (HBCUs) this fall, players and coaches are staying active, not only physically but mentally to prepare for the spring 2021 season. ), SWAC Basketball Virtual Media Days November 2-3. Cam Newton gives the Patriots their only chance to win Read now The Alcorn State football program and the SWAC have a rich history of football players going to the NFL, eventually leading them to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Glass, who is from St. Louis, is one of the SWAC’s top quarterbacks returning for their senior season at Alabama A&M in the spring. Ashton Edmunds, a senior mass media arts major from Tallahassee, Florida, is the sports editor for The CAU Panther newspaper, an intern for The Atlanta Voice/Voice News Network and also an inaugural Turner Diversity Fellow at WarnerMedia. “Right now, we’re just trying to watch some things in terms of making sure they’re safe with the environment, following protocols with what the university has set forth, and hopefully we’ll start back working out in another week or so.”. He was signed as an undrafted free agent in 2002 by the Jacksonville Jaguars, where he stayed through 2007. “He’s going to come in and greatly help us maintain a high level offensively.”. Casem was the head coach for … HBCUs have known since August that their seasons would begin in late February. “The biggest thing is, as coaches, we always try to find the edge of how we can do things within the legal system and being in compliance as well as in terms of what our kids can and cannot do,” said Fred McNair, Alcorn State’s head football coach. Gray concluded his NFL career in 2008 with the Kansas City Chiefs. Gray was inducted into the MEAC Hall of Fame in 2020. He is the head football coach at Alcorn State University, a position he has held since the 2016 season. © 2020 RASHAD INTERACTIVE, LLC - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. You have entered an incorrect email address! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. During his time in Tallahassee, he was active in the community, serving as a motivational speaker at various inner-city elementary, middle and high schools. Alcorn State coach Fred McNair watches from the sideline during the first quarter of an NCAA college football game against North Carolina A&T in the Celebration Bowl on Dec. 21, 2019, at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Though there have only been 70 HBCU players taken in the NFL draft since 2000, Fred McNair says he and other HBCU coaches are trying to change those numbers. Former Jackson State Hall of Fame football coach W.C. Gorden dies... Black College Football Hall of Fame announces finalists for Class of... Antonio Davis tabbed as new men’s basketball coach at Central State. The 6-foot-3, 205-pound wide receiver led the Golden Lions in receptions, receiving yards and touchdown receptions (10) while having three straight 100-yard receiving games. “My biggest goal is to win a championship. He was also a finalist for the C Spire Conerly Trophy, which went to the best player in Mississippi. Mills decided to opt out of his senior season to prepare for the 2021 NFL draft. Frazier was a part of the 1985 Chicago Bears team that won Super Bowl XX.During the 1985 championship season, Frazier led the … Bryan Mills (second from right) of the North Carolina Central Eagles decided to opt out of his senior season to prepare for the 2021 NFL draft. As of 2009, the head coach at Arkansas-Pine Bluff had a base annual salary of $105,000 per year. The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total. He led the Tigers to their first-ever playoff appearance in 2010. With student-athletes at home this fall, Wilson and the Bowie State football program are continuing to keep their players on NFL scouts’ radar, holding workouts virtually and keeping their players mentally on point. I look forward to the new beginning once things are safe and look forward to becoming an Alcornite,” Gray said. Cookie Policy. He also owns three of the top-10 single-game passing performances of all-time in FAMU history: 407 yards vs. S.C. State (2001); 390 yards vs. Morgan State (2000) and 388 yards vs. Bethune-Cookman (2000). We are getting the information out to our professional teams with all of our film in the NFL database and the dub center, so those guys have an opportunity to evaluate our rising seniors,” Wilson said. College career. In his junior and only season at N.C. Central, the 6-foot-2, 170-pound defender had a breakout season, topping the MEAC with five interceptions, was second in the league with 13 passes defended and 22 tackles (17 solo), including an assisted sack. He also had seven 100-yard games during the season and one 200-yard game, the second-most in a single season in school history. Seniors Bryan Mills, a defensive back at North Carolina Central, and Aqeel Glass, quarterback at Alabama A&M, are two of the top HBCU NFL prospects. This category is for American football coaches at Alcorn State University. “The timing of everything.

Mary Sue Urban Dictionary, Jeep Srt Upgrades, College Essay On Fly Fishing, Money Pit Cast Benny, リコー 田中豊人 経歴, La Dame Blanche Mythology, Nicholas Parsons Daughter, Air Force Btz 1206 Example, Tom Baxter Radio Personality, List Of Courier Companies In Uk, Ghost By Jason Reynolds Chapter 8 Summary, Autozone Learning Garage Login, Lydia Moss Wife, June Whitfield Grandchildren, Scariest Video Game Characters, Are Turkish People White, Clare Crawley Skin Care, John Powell Quote, Give Treasure Map Minecraft, What Does It Mean When A Guy Calls You Sugar Foot, Wrecked Novas For Sale, Shivkumar Sharma Nsd, Goals For Accounting Department, Duplex à Vendre Anjou Sutton, Minecraft Zombie Mod, Surf Clam Vs Quahog, Middle Passage Essay Question, Bionic Minecraft Uhc, David Glatzel Exorcism Tapes, Twin Telepathy Test, Surf Clam Vs Quahog,

Laisser un commentaire

Votre adresse de messagerie ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont indiqués avec *