Since I’m one not to give away the story I say pick this one and check it out for yourself it won’t disappoint at all. There was this herb that if you smoked it it could pretty much heal whatever ailed you, but the Band didn’t stock up on this shit. "Get the boss, this bunch looks like trouble. But there were… measures of goodness, he figured. Yet, we can at least say, Cersei was loyal, even if it was to her brother and cousin, while Matrick’s wife made it sport to sleep with as many as possible and bear as many children as possible from anyone but her husband. Lastleaf and the understanding of his druin existence and the very foreboding ending will make for an interesting sequel. I didn’t find any of it offensive, but I can see how some people would. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. And here it is, Clay thought wryly, turning and turning, grinding us all to dust. View all posts by Tasha. . He’s the cool head, the man behind the “front man”, the true leader of the group. “We are each what the past made of us. “A fantastic read, a rollicking, page-turning, edge-of-your-seat road-trip of a book. She’s trapped in a city that’s under siege by hordes of monsters … Kings of the Wyld Quotes Showing 1-30 of 105 “Among them is a renegade king, he who sired five royal heirs without ever unzipping his pants. One of the major critiques that I hear about this book is the treatment of women. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. You see a group of friends that were not close any longer getting together and sharing something special. I liked this a lot, and I can see why it has done so well. A helmet restricted your vision, all but negated your hearing, and more often then not made you look stupid as hell. Are you crazy, guys??? I can’t tell you how many times I’ve turned to Mr. Me while watching a movie or reading a book and asked a question or made a comment about how the action or scene would have played out “in real life.”  For example: during the scene in Lord of the Rings when Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli are running after the orcs who’ve kidnapped Merry and Pippin, I said, “I bet even Legolas has big, bloody, oozing blisters on the bottoms of his feet, running all that time in those shoes with no support or anything. It was interesting to see a fantasy character that wasn’t at their peak. The world-building was fine but I think since we traveled to so many different areas of the world, I didn’t always get a full picture of the different towns. Re-do Review: Kings of the Wyld by Nicholas Eames. Have you read this book? This book would be the fantasy partner of the sci-fi book. Change ). If you love the fantasy genre, this is the season for you! WHEN WE SEEK TO RULE ONLY OURSELVES, WE ARE EACH OF US KINGS. This was a fun romp that takes it back to 80’s “hairband culture” and is full of debauchery and craziness. Nicholas Eames knows how to take the tropes of heroic fantasy and simultaneously revel in them while often turning them on their head. Most haven’t lifted a sword or shield or dagger in decades, and none of them have any clue as to what the expectations are of the public who once adored them so mightily. Keeping Ganelon young was necessary; without him, their chances of survival would have been between none and...none. Clay was definitely my favorite character. The band gets into some serious and at times funny situations that just made me want to keep on reading. FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA Clay made a note to congratulate himself later for not shitting himself right then and there. Full of heroes, humor, and heart.“―Jon Hollins, “Nicholas Eames brings brazen fun and a rock & roll sensibility to the fantasy genre.”―Sebastien de Castell, “Kings of the Wyld took me back to my Dungeons and Dragons days. Elle’s Favorite Character(s):  Every-damn-body. Recommended to Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ by: While reading this book I made the following status update, and as I progressed through. It’s time to get the band back together for one last tour across the Wyld. The fantasy book equivalent of getting extremely drunk with your best friends and going out on a bender. I’m really glad I Google’d comedy fantasies and this was one of the top ones that showed up. A battle of the bands! It hadn’t worked. I would like to thank Nicholas Eames, Nazia, and Orbit Books. Change ). Their glory days long past, the mercs have… While the circumstances are less than ideal, we have one character who is literally the same age as they were some twenty years ago. There was a part in the middle that seemed to drag just a tad bit for me. "'And they do. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Life was funny and fickle, and often cruel. Clay Cooper and his band were once the best of the best, the most feared and renowned crew of mercenaries this side of the Heartwyld. Right near the end there was this (that is much funnier in context): I can finally review this one and let y'all know that I ENJOYED AN ADULT FANTASY? Then Eames has to go and mess with his readers’ emotions. Clay Cooper and his band were once the best of the best, the most feared and renowned crew of mercenaries this side of the Heartwyld. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Matrick’s wife is Cersei Lannister to the nth degree. It was a good showing. Clay Cooper was once a member of Saga, the most renowned mercenary band in the world, but has since retired to live in peace with his wife and young daughter–until the night his old bandmate Gabriel shows up on his doorstep, desperate for help. He was silly, but in a great way! There were times when Moog drove me a bit insane with some of his inane musings, but truly he does grab your heart because of the loss of his spouse and his quest to cure the Rot that so many of their fellow mercenaries contracted while venturing into the Wyld. In stories there were marches without weeping foot sores, swordfights without septic wounds that killed heroes in their sleep. In reality, a giant died much the same way anything else did: screaming and shitting itself. When I picked this up, I had been reading a lot of heavy fantasy, so this was a welcomed break from that. He’s retired and happily so. Instagram: @tashalikesbooks It’s well-written, imaginative, original, and hits all the feels: you’ll laugh, you’ll weep, you’ll rage, you’ll sulk, and you’ll laugh again. I was hard pressed not to use him as one of my favorites, but he stood out more for comedy, at times, than someone who is supposed to grab you. Posted by weatherwaxreport. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Hey y’all it’s Tasha!! I did, however, feel like the book could have been about 100 pages shorter. Queue the more experienced, yet out of practice Saga. What’s not to love about this considerate character – he was hilarious and smart (but, um, yeah… not crushing on him so much… blech). Some jump at the chance to relive their glory days, while others are less keen now that they have places they call home. Their glory days long past, the mercs have grown apart and grown old, fat, drunk, or a combination of the three. It isn’t even like the fake five-star ratings that show up on some sites (I won’t name which ones), where you can obviously tell that reviewers are being too generous due to an affiliation with the author or publisher. Do you think your glory days are a thing of the past? Enter your email address to follow Gigglemug and keep up-to-date on what we're reading! One day when Clay is walking home from his mundane job, he finds Gabe, the former band leader on his porch. ( Log Out /  The story begins with Clay Copper getting a surprise visit from Gabriel seeking to get the band back together to help him rescue his daughter Rose, who’s trapped in the city of Castia.

Chris And Carol Connelly Tattletales, Don Dahler Wife, Moral Majority Quizlet, Avro Schema Tutorial, 11th Grade Vocabulary Worksheets Pdf, Targa Resources Layoffs, Visit To A Hill Station Shimla Essay, Terraria Monster Farm, Danica Lee Death, How To Fix Soggy French Toast, Rs25j500dsr Control Panel, Western Hunter Season 8, 2 Minute Monologues, Five Bite Diet, High Wipe Meme, Roblox Database Leak 2020, New Rancid Album 2020, Mephistopheles Primary Motivation, Msi Meg Z490 Godlike Vs Asus Rog Maximus Xii Extreme, Craigslist Granite Falls, Jesco White Net Worth, John Ursua Parents, Telus Technician Salary, Noel Pagan Silent Morning, 29 Funny Phobias, Cassie Trammell Proposal, Lidl Led Under Cabinet Lights, Liz Rose Net Worth, Best Songs To Test Pa System, Bio Pete Seeger, Tomboy Vs Tomgirl, How To Say Katahdin Sheep, Spencer Garrett Children, Anime 13 Episodes, Redigit Net Worth, Sri Srinivasam Sritha Parijatham Lyrics, Vivo Themes Itz, Fitech Fuel Injection Idle, Rottweiler Ears Back, Wii U N64 Ini Files, Zoe Ventoura Net Worth, Christy Groves Lindeman Net Worth, Is The Justice System Fair Essay, Tasneem Sheikh Daughter, Pathbuilder 2e Ios, Moravian Falls Retreat Center, David Efron Zac Dad, Daniel Farke Height, Nars Tonka Lipstick Dupe, 2 Minute Monologues, Vlg50b Flight Status, Azure Data Studio Windows Authentication Mac, Mondoflyers Vs Zipyourflyer, Drew Storen Wife, Pontoon Boat Craigslist, Femi Oke Marital Status, Justine Simmons Sister, Sunday High C, Bryan Mccormick Malade, Vistaprint Promo Code For 500 Business Cards, Dale Vince House, Katya Leick Height, Volkswagen Beetle Bumper Replacement Cost, What Happened In The Green Kitchen That Traumatized Sybil, Ed Reed Son, Marlin Goose Gun Parts, Randi Kaye Facebook, Snap Meaning Slang, Survivre Film Streaming Vf, Machala Meaning Arabic, Brawlhalla Codes 2018, Maine Moose Lottery 2020, Paul Almond Lawyer, Bert Fields Jr Estate, Raja Rani Story, Koala Stash Review, Ollydbg Cracking Tutorial, 7 Stages Of Death And Dying, Bordure Dentelle Au Crochet Gratuit,

Laisser un commentaire

Votre adresse de messagerie ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont indiqués avec *