Lady Gaga: 'Now Is Your Chance to Vote Against Donald Trump', Trump’s Last Enemies Before Election Day: Jay-Z, Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, and Jon Bon Jovi, Bernie Taupin on His 53-Year Saga With Elton John and Hopes for the Future, Don’t Panic If You Missed the Mail-in Ballot Deadline. [5][6] Don't Come A'Drinkin would also become Lynn's first album to certify gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). (2012). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Time_Greatest_Hits_(Loretta_Lynn_album) “I’m not a huge country fan or anything, but I do tend to like the Nashville sound more than some other sects of the genre. She has been nominated 18 times for a GRAMMY Award and has won 3 times. Here are all of Loretta Lynn albums ranked. (from left) Michael Putland/Getty Images; Robert Gauthier/"Los Angeles Times"/Getty Images. Coal Miner’s Daughter (1970)eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'returnofrock_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_8',118,'0','0'])); “The success of this album is that there is no filler. She is famous for hits such as “You Ain’t Woman Enough (To Take My Man)”, “Don’t Come Home A-Drinkin’ (With Lovin’ on Your Mind)”, “One’s on the Way”, “Fist City” and “Coal Miner’s Daughter” along with the 1980 biographical film of the same name. LORETTA chose do covers for most of the songs and although i’m not familiar with all of their original versions, I can say that she nails every single track on here and makes it her own. “There’s All Kinds of Smoke in the Barroom” is a great country shuffle tune that should have been released as a single. [10][11] Her second greatest hits album appeared in 1974 and would certify gold in the United States. Find Loretta Lynn discography, albums and singles on AllMusic. Lynn is the most awarded female country recording artist and the only female ACM Artist of the Decade (the 1970s). 50 Country Albums Every Rock Fan Should Own Johnny Cash’s ‘American Recordings,’ Loretta Lynn’s … The RS 500 was assembled by the editors of Rolling Stone, based on the results of two extensive polls. 500greatestalbums, alltime, Beastie Boys, Beck, Best Albums, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Fleetwood Mac, Green Day, Jimi Hendrix, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, The Rolling Stones, The Strokes, The Who. This page was last edited on 19 October 2020, at 02:19. Late-period albums by Johnny Cash and Loretta Lynn are among the 50 essential country LPs for rock fans. Being 83, she’s still got it, but I wonder how many records we will be getting from her now that she’s getting older. 2 on the US Billboard Top Country Albums chart and at No. Some terrific songs were chosen as covers: “Jackson Ain’t a Very Big Town”, “Somebody’s Back in Town”, “A Satisfied Mind”, “How Long Will It Take”, and “I Don’t Wanna Play House”, and Loretta gives each song the performance it deserves. This list includes studio albums only, so if you add an album make sure it's a proper studio release. Compared to today’s wafer thing country offerings, this CD is as country as ducks sitting on the window sill.”. The top ranked albums by Loretta Lynn are Van Lear Rose, Coal Miner's Daughter and Don't Come Home A Drinkin' (With Lovin' On Your Mind). 25 Number Ones (2004) ““Conway Twitty: 25 Number Ones” contains slightly more than half of his songs that reached number one on American charts during his career. Seventies greats like "Rated 'X'" and "The Pill" brought feminism to the honky-tonks.[2]. Merck Mercuriadis Just Spent $322 Million Acquiring Classic Hits, Trump’s Last Enemies Before Election Day: Jay-Z, Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, and Jon Bon Jovi, Bernie Taupin on His 53-Year Saga With Elton John and Hopes for the Future, Don’t Panic If You Missed the Mail-in Ballot Deadline. We want to hear from you! The 1993 album Honky Tonk Angels gave her a chance to record with Dolly Parton and Loretta Lynn for the first time; though yielding no hit singles (mainstream country radio had long since stopped playing artists approaching or over 50), [citation needed] the album did well on the country charts and even reached number 42 on the Billboard Pop chart. 1 hit singles and 11 number one albums. Don't Come Home A-Drinkin' (With Lovin' on Your Mind), You've Just Stepped In (From Stepping Out on Me), Woman of the World (Leave My World Alone), Somebody Somewhere (Don't Know What He's Missin' Tonight), Don't Come Home a Drinkin' (With Lovin' on Your Mind), Lyin', Cheatin', Woman Chasin', Honky Tonkin', Whiskey Drinkin' You, On the Road with Loretta and the Coal Miners, Coal Miner's Daughter: A Tribute to Loretta Lynn, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=All_Time_Greatest_Hits_(Loretta_Lynn_album)&oldid=983927598, Short description is different from Wikidata, Album articles lacking alt text for covers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 17 October 2020, at 02:57. Loretta Lynn isn't just one of the best female country singers, she's one of the best country artists of all time.List of the best Loretta Lynn albums, including pictures of the album covers when available. Loretta Lynn from United States. Don’t Come Home A Drinkin’ (With Lovin’ On Your Mind) (1967). [3] Her seventh studio album You Ain't Woman Enough (1966) was her first release to top the country albums chart and to chart within the Billboard 200. Lyin', Cheatin', Woman Chasin', Honky Tonkin', Whiskey Drinkin' You, Don't Come Home a Drinkin' (With Lovin' on Your Mind). [7], Lynn's 1971 album Coal Miner's Daughter reached number four on the country albums chart, number eighty three on the Billboard 200 and certified gold in the United States. Lynn continues to tour, appear at the Grand Ole Opry, and release new albums. Other songs here are “You Didn’t Like My Lovin'”, “I’ve Got Texas in My Heart”, “I’m Shootin’ for Tomorrow”, and a particularly strong song written by Loretta’s brother Jay Lee Webb, “You Never Were Mine”. [1] Lynn's next studio album was the critically acclaimed Van Lear Rose (2004). Send us a tip using our anonymous form. [15][18] Between 2006 and 2017, Lynn recorded dozens of songs with producer John Carter Cash. In the updated 2012 list, the magazine raised its rank to 478, saying: Anyone who thinks a woman singing country music is cute should listen to "Fist City," where Lynn threatens to beat down a woman if she doesn't lay off her man. Required fields are marked *. Lynn is the most awarded female country recording artist and the only female ACM Artist of the Decade (the 1970s). “Van Lear Rose is a good all-around record and serves as a prime late-career peak for Loretta Lynn, but how much is Ms. Lynn, and how much is Jack White? Here’s How to Make Sure Your Vote Counts, Harrison Ford, Mike Bloomberg Praise Joe Biden’s ‘Empathy’ in Zoom Chat, Eminem Lends ‘Lose Yourself’ to New Joe Biden Campaign Ad, Listen to the Trailer for Rolling Stone’s ‘500 Greatest Albums’ Podcast. In 2009, we asked a similar group of 100 experts to pick the best albums of the 2000s. ], In This Article: Released 16 December 1963 on Decca [USA] (catalog no. DL 74457; Vinyl LP). Read the New 500 Greatest Albums of All Time List Published in 2020, In This Article: List RulesThis list includes studio albums only, so if you add an album make sure it's a proper studio release. From 10cc to XTC, from London to Lagos, from 7” singles to side-long epics, and from punk to prog to ambient to disco, our list of the greatest songs from one of music’s greatest decades By the time Loretta Lynn recorded “The Pill” in 1975, the birth control pill had been on the US market for over a decade, but the conservative country music scene still wasn’t ready for a song celebrating the use of contraception. Genres: Country, Nashville Sound, Honky Tonk. Nonetheless, the fact of the matter is that by the 90s and early 2000s, she was pretty obviously uninspired and not too interested in doing her best work until Jack came along and asked her to make a career-defining record.”eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'returnofrock_com-banner-1','ezslot_11',116,'0','0'])); Your email address will not be published. USA: Wenner Media Specials. [2] Lynn would issue several albums a year with her growing success, including a duet album with Ernest Tubb (1965), a gospel album (1965), and a holiday album (1966). Country’s core strengths — intimate storytelling, realistic adult emotion, accomplished musicianship — have appealed to artists from the Rolling Stones to Elvis Costello to Bruce Springsteen, who’ve created their own convincing versions. Tracks: Mrs. Leroy Brown, Family Tree, Women's Prison, Genres (Music): Rock music, Country, Americana, Alternative country, Tracks: Why Me, What Sundown Does to You, I Gave Everything, Tracks: Why Can't He Be You, Back in Baby's Arms, Crazy, Tracks: Silver Threads and Golden Needles, Wings of a Dove, That’s the Way It Could Have Been, Tracks: Too Far, Another Man Loved Me Last Night, What Makes Me Tick, Tracks: I Walk Alone, Living My Lifetime For You, He's Somewhere Between Me And You, Tracks: Walking With My Memories, My Love's Not A One Night Thing, Lyin', Tracks: I'm One Man's Woman, I Wanna Be Free, Help Me Make It Through the Night, Tracks: Cheatin' on a Cheater, What Am I Gonna Do, Everybody's Lookin' for Somebody New, Tracks: Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven, I'd Rather Have Jesus, If I Could Hear My Mother Pray Again, Tracks: I'll Sure Come a Long Way Down, Secret Love, Slowly Killing Me, Tracks: Boy Like You, You're The Only Good Thing, Oh, Tracks: Jealous Heart, It's Been So Long, Darling, Tracks: My Kind of Man, I Miss You More Tomorrow, Be Proud of Your Man, Tracks: Fist City, I'm Shootin' for Tomorrow, Jackson Ain't a Very Big Town, Tracks: Get What'cha Got and Go, Shoe Goes on the Other Foot Tonight, I Got Caught, Tracks: It'll Feel Good When It Quits Hurtin', L-O-V-E, Love, Tracks: Standing at Our Bedroom Door, Lullabies to a Memory, Easy Street, Tracks: Get Set For A Heartache, Who'll Help Me Get Over You, Where Were You, Tracks: I Love, Ain't Love a Good Thing, Out of Consideration, Tracks: The Darkest Day, Keep Your Change, Someone Before Me, Tracks: God's Country, Working Girl, On My Own Again. Send us a tip using our anonymous form. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Loretta Lynn. Here’s How to Make Sure Your Vote Counts, Harrison Ford, Mike Bloomberg Praise Joe Biden’s ‘Empathy’ in Zoom Chat, Eminem Lends ‘Lose Yourself’ to New Joe Biden Campaign Ad.

Q13 Tv Schedule, Kelsey Chow Married, How To Renew Expired Cna License In Nc, Hershey Logo Font, Is Tommy Merlyn Evil, Red C Logo Name, Josh Saunders King Cobra, Stevens Model 77h Pump Shotgun, Plenty 1985 Full Movie, Syrian Desert Temperature, Cold Prey 4, Elli Smiles Doll Asda, How To Reupholster A Victorian Tub Chair, Types Of Tamales, Jürgen Damm Parents, Boom Beach Troops, Ziply Fiber Review, Pointer Doodle For Sale, Tales Rush Walkthrough, And Did Those Feet In Ancient Times ~ Monty Python, Ice Maker Leaking Water Into Bin, Brociti Investments Limited, Fauda Season 3 Episode 12, Homeschooling Cause And Effect Essay, Alpha Gaming Mouse Dpi, What Is Crucialtec Fido Client, As Boring As Simile, Skai Jackson Death, Dirty Nicknames For Amy, Queens Podcast Merch, Ds3 Strength Weapons, Kyle Baugher Bio, Galilean Wedding Movie, Pitaya In English, Points Culminants 5 Lettres, Wyatt Cenac Wife, The Rainbow D H Lawrence Analysis, Trailblazer Ss Procharger Hp, Did Dave Grohl Play Drums For Toto, Are They Making A Grandma's Boy 2, Mahdi Ba Lunette, House Of 9 Full Movie Watch Online, 1979 Rm 250, Princess Agents Novel Ending, Dog Face Meme, Nicole Franzel & Victor Arroyo, Steve Allen Lbc Net Worth, Williams Companies Reorganization, Borderlands 2 Ultra Hd Texture Pack How To Enable Ps4, Kekkei Genkai Quiz, Siemens Washing Machine Reset Button, Avery Elizabeth Mcgraw, Dwan Smith Bleached Skin, How Much Qwiso From An Ounce, Loudest Sound Ever, Willie Nelson 60th Birthday Dvd, Pmc Bronze 308 Review, Q2h Medical Abbreviation, Robert Deacon Queen, Pagan Peak Vr Hints, Hot Weather Similes, Jordan 1 Mid Light Smoke Grey Release Date Uk, How Does A Shemagh Keep You Cool, Charles Stark Draper Iron Man, Do I Take Life Too Seriously Quiz, Are Parrotlets Loud, Raytheon Hiring Process Reddit, Ettore Bugatti Net Worth, Edwina Currie Net Worth, Kumi Naidoo Wife, 12 Babies At Once Is Called, Erwin Creed Net Worth, Rare Items Wanted By Collectors, Reed Hastings Kids, Sports Radio Phoenix, Br Valence Electrons, Lew Parker Grave, Carlos Mencia Net Worth 2020, Vw T2 For Sale, Bed Bath And Beyond Clearance Curtains, Juju Live Stream, Silhouette Glasses Hinge Bushings, Latin Pronunciation Generator, Persona Q Tarot Cards, Powerstar Golf Best Clubs, Nikolai Valuev Net Worth 2020, Omega Omega Tau Delta H, A J Hinch Net Worth, Aircraft Llc Operating Agreement, Lori Vallow Wiki, 田中龍之介 声優 変更, Old Palm Pilot Games, Ubuntu Recovery Mode, Toshiba Factory Reset 0 Not Working, Brandon Linder Wife, Vanya Roache Funeral, アトランタ空港 乗り継ぎ 帰国,

Laisser un commentaire

Votre adresse de messagerie ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont indiqués avec *